Movable Type Woes

Ack! I've just had to reinstall MT and it's been a real pain to do. It became necessary after I wrote a post and when I tried to publish it, MT totally crashed on me. Some frantic scouring of the support forums showed me that the likely cause was that I had ran out of space on my web server and as a consequence, my MT database had become corrupted.

I upgraded my web hosting account to solve the first issue, but then couldn't find a way to repair my database - the only option seemed to be a complete reinstall. So, I exported my entries and saved my custom templates and proceeded through the laborious task of installing MT.

Some gnashing of teeth and pulling of hair later, I had it installed. For a while, I couldn't work out why no styles or images were showing for the MT screens - I had the right path entered in mt.cfg. Over to the support boards I headed again, to discover that the line in mt.cfg is commented out by default - doh! That is so easy to miss - I wish there was a mention of it in the documentation.

Anyway, finally my installation was up and running and so I reimported my archives...only to discover that for some reason they had only been exported up to mid-January. So now I've lost about a third of my posts, including a couple that took quite a bit of time and effort to write - aaagh!!!

Jeez, this is frustrating. It's almost like starting from scratch again. Oh well, at least this time, there shouldn't be any more problems [fingers crossed].

Posted on: March 19, 2004 | No comments

Recent Entries in "Blogging"

Comments

Comments are closed for this entry.

TOP STORES

Categories

Subscribe

Subscribe to my RSS FeedSubscribe to my Web Design Blog RSS Feed

Proud member of 9rules network