Banner Ad Design Showcase: 77 Examples of Effective Banner Ad Designs
I've recently been working on a number of retargeting banner ad campaigns using Retargeter to serve the ads. In order to provide some guidance to my designer and to get a better understanding the types of banner ad I wanted to create, I pulled together this showcase of banner ad designs, which I think show off many of the best practices for banner ad design.
There are plenty of articles about banner ad design best practices, but I like the way Retargeter sums them up in a convenient list on their getting started page:
- Keep It Simple – Have one simple message and a clear and powerful image.
- Buttons Increase CTR – A succinct call to action within a button is ideal.
- Honesty Is The Best Policy – Make your offer and/or value proposition clear and honest.
- Give It Away – Hold a promotion or have a contest, give away free products.
- Beauty Sells – Shameless but true, a picture of an attractive person increases CTR.
- Be BOLD – Use a powerful headline: get people to think / react and then click.
- No White Backgrounds – They blend in with the page and don’t allow your ad to pop.
- Stay Relevant – Have ads that are relevant to current events or important new trends.
- Iterate – Keep trying new ideas and ads until you find one that works for your users.
Posted on: August 19, 2012 |
Recent Entries in "Showcases"