June 28, 2014
Online Shopping Cart Usability Tips
This article from the Nielsen Norman Group on supporting user decision making in the ecommerce shopping cart has four useful tips for helping shoppers get to the check out stage.
- Provide access to a full shopping cart
- Display product details along with a clear product image
- Link users to the product page from products in the cart
- Let users easily remove items, including setting quantity to zero
This article ties in nicely with an earlier one, which covered 3 ecommerce design trends to follow and 3 to avoid.
Design Trends to Follow
- Bigger product images
- Better product reviews
- Easy to use coupons and discounts
Design Trends to Avoid
- Smaller and hidden product descriptions
- Insufficient feedback when adding items to the shopping cart
- Cluttered customer service pages
Posted on: June 28, 2014 |
Recent Entries in "Ecommerce"
Comments are closed for this entry.