Some years ago, I asked the question are you making the most of your thank you pages? Fortunately, GetElastic has come to the rescue with a useful collection of tips and best practices for optimizing your thank you pages.
- Enabling guest checkout customers to create an account
- Suggesting more products the customer could purchase
- Offering the customer a coupon for a discount off their next order
- Including an email sign up form
- Highlighting other relevant content such as an app or a gift finder
- Linking to a ‘tell us what you think’ survey
- Sharing your purchase via social media
With all of these opportunities for engaging your customers, there really is no excuse for presenting a generic thank you page when they complete their purchase.