We are about to launch one of our main websites on a new ecommerce platform. As you can imagine, there are a ton of details to keep track of, which is why I found this website migration checklist (PDF 66KB), provided to me by my friends at SaleAMP, very handy.
Of course, this is one of several similar resources, but if you review enough checklists and site launch prep guidelines, you should be able to come up with your own list of to-dos so that you don’t miss anything.
It’s worth remembering that the requirements for migrating from an old to a new site differ from when you are simply launching a brand new website, so bear that in mind as you are developing your own checklist.
Further Reading About Launching Websites
- The Ultimate Website Launch Checklist
- SEO Checklist: 60 essential checks before launching a website
- 15 Essential Checks Before Launching Your Website
- How to move your content to a new location
- The Ultimate Website Prelaunch Checklist
- Using a Pre-Launch Checklist for your Website
- Launchlist Pro